- October: LANL & USC/ISI releases open-source software timefind and indexer to handle the indexing and searching of multiple network data types.
- August: LANL & EY announce a strategic alliance to make advanced behavioral cybserecurity tools available to the commercial market.
- June: LANL co-organized the Dynamic Networks and Cyber-Security Workshop with the University of Bristol Heilbronn Institute for Mathematical Research.
- May: Gina Fisk presented "Privacy Principles for Sharing Cyber Security Data" at the 2015 International Workshop on Privacy Engineering (IWPE).
- June: LANL organized Tracer FIRE 6E in Washington, DC.
- April: LANL organized Tracer FIRE 6M at the DOE Cyber Security Training Conference.
- September: Quantum cryptography licensed to industry
- April: Our work made the cover (and two chapters) in the new book Data Analysis for Network Cyber-Security
- New Open Datasets Site and User Authentication Dataset
- Comprehensive, Multi-Source
Alexander D. Kent.
Dataset. 2015. (doi:10.17021/1179829)
- Privacy principles for sharing
cyber security data,
Gina Fisk, Calvin Ardi, Neale Pickett, John Heidemann, Mike Fisk, and Christos Papadopoulos.
Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Privacy Engineering. San Jose, California, USA, May 2015, IEEE.
- Using new edges for
anomaly detection in computer networks,
Joshua C. Neil.
U.S. Patent 9,038,180 B2. May 2015.
- Integrating multiple data
sources for malware classification,
Blake H. Anderson, Curtis B. Storlie, and Terran Lane.
U.S. Patent 9,021,589 B2. April 2015.
- Path scanning for the
detection of anomalous subgraphs and use of DNS requests and host agents
for anomaly/change detection and network situational awareness,
Joshua C. Neil, Michael E. Fisk, Alexander W. Brugh, Curtis L. Hash, Curtis B. Storlie, Benjamin Uphoff, and Alexander Kent.
U.S. Patent Pending 20150020199. January 2015.
Our focus is to provide nationally recognized leadership in information security and networking science that predicts and solves critical problems in the cyber domain using novel practical solutions. Our work includes national security work, industrial partnerships, and the open research featured on this site.