- Cyber Fire 8 is in Denver on February 6-10 2017.
- PcapDB, our Distributed, Search-Optimized Full Packet Capture System, is now open source.
- PathScan received an R&D 100 award.
- Quantum Key Management was patented.
- DHS picked REDUCE and PcapDB for its 2016 Transition to Practice technologies.
- LANL & USC/ISI releases open-source software timefind and indexer to handle the indexing and searching of multiple network data types.
- Quantum-generated random numbers are now available to virtual machines.
- Our 2nd open cyber dataset is released.
- LANL & EY announce a strategic alliance to make advanced behavioral cybersecurity tools available to the commercial market.
- Temporal reachability
in dynamic networks,
Aric Hagberg, Nathan Lemons, and Sidhant Misra.
Dynamic Networks and Cyber-Security. World Scientific, 2016. (doi:10.1142/9781786340757_0009)
- Bayesian networks with prior knowledge for malware phylogenetics,
Diane Oyen, Blake Anderson, and Christine Anderson-Cook.
Workshops at the Thirtieth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence. 2016.
- Subroutine based
detection of APT malware,
Joseph Sexton, Curtis Storlie, and Blake Anderson.
Journal of Computer Virology and Hacking Techniques. 12(4):225–233, 2016. (doi:10.1007/s11416-015-0258-7)
- Poisson factorization
for peer-based anomaly detection,
Melissa Turcotte, Juston Moore, Nick Heard, and Aaron McPhall.
2016 IEEE Conference on Intelligence and Security Informatics (ISI). pages 208–210. IEEE, September 2016. (doi:10.1109/isi.2016.7745472)
- A likelihood ratio
anomaly detector for identifying within-perimeter computer network
Justin Grana, David Wolpert, Joshua Neil, Dongping Xie, Tanmoy Bhattacharya, and Russell Bent.
Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 66:166–179, May 2016. (doi:10.1016/j.jnca.2016.03.008)
Our focus is to provide nationally recognized leadership in information security and networking science that predicts and solves critical problems in the cyber domain using novel practical solutions. Our work includes national security work, industrial partnerships, and the open research featured on this site.